news & events
Our latest and greatest luxurious wood furniture projects & company events in the spotlight; including new installations, public releases and architecture & design project profiles.
2017 SPARK Portland
Join us Thursday, February 23rd at the Hotel Lucia in Portland, OR for an evening of local music, wine, food and new designs.
2016 slab sale
Due to popular demand, we're hosting another slab sale at the end of this month. There will be several pallets of maple, oak, ash, black locust & more all available. We have a large amount of stock to sell so we hope to see you there. Below are just a few examples of the inventory we are offering at huge discounts. For more information, visit our Facebook Page.
WHEN: September 30 - October 2
TIME: 10am - 4pm
WHERE: 13724 24th Street East, Sumner, WA 98390
new office location!
We're moving to our new Seattle office location in lower Queen Anne April 15th! Please update your records to reflect this exciting change. Our phone and fax numbers will remain the same as well as our Sumner and Graham addresses for deliveries.
421 3rd Ave West
Seattle, WA 98119
Heading North on Western Ave toward Denny Way, turn Right
on 3rd Ave West. Our office is on the Left after W. Harrison.
From I5 or Elliott Ave West follow West Mercer St. Head
South on 3rd Ave West. Our office is on the Right after W.
our 2015 photo contest winner
This beautiful dining table was a collaborative effort between Meyer Wells and the client. Working with a very rough slab of Spalted Maple chosen by the client, our team was able to preserve the sculptural quality of the wood in the finished piece. Interior Designer, Kathleen Glossa, chose to work with Meyer Wells because she loves our story and knew her client's would be able to find exactly what they were looking for with our inventory and quality craftsmanship.
Project: private residence dining table
Designer: Kathleen Glossa Interiors
Product: live edge spalted maple dining table with clear low VOC waterborne topcoat, steel plate base with blackened finish.
Decorative wall slabs in bleached Catalpa and Oak at Teton Mountain Lodge & Spa in Wyoming by Susan Marinello Interiors
shop expansion - summer 2014
Making the move of our production shop to Sumner, we are filled with mixed emotions as we say goodbye to our first home and welcome the exciting change our company will undergo. With change there are always questions and we want to ensure that all our clients and friends are aware of what to expect so there is no confusion:
*First of all, we are not closing our doors. If anything, this move is allowing us to grow, to take on larger projects and larger production volumes.
*Secondly, our office with sales, marketing and accounting will remain in Seattle. It's important for us to stay closely connected to our Seattle clients.
*Finally, while our slabs will no longer be just a walk away, we promise to make every effort to keep you in the loop with the selection process. This includes occasional trips to Sumner, samples slabs in our Seattle office and an eventual online slab inventory.
- Seattle Curbed blog, "Design Talk: True Family Women's Cancer Center." June 2012
- Gray Magazine, "Bow Down to Washington, Alumni." June 2012
- The New York Times, "In New Office Designs, Room to Roam and to Think." March 2012
See our products in the project photos on slides 2, 3, & 4
- Luxe Magazine, "Covering New Ground: Driscoll Robbins." Winter 2012
"Favorite decorating source: Meyer Wells. They build furniture from local tress that have fallen or been blown down. The aesthetic is very modern and simple. It's all about the texture and patterns that form within the wood." - Driscoll Robbins
- Apartment Therapy, "Dining Tables From Felled Trees." August 2011
- Seattle Magazine, "Goods from the Woods: A Local Forest to Table Movement." May 2011
- The Seattle Times, "Reclaimed trees find new life in modern furniture." March 2011
"Sometimes a finished sample can take five or six tries, but they do whatever it takes to get it perfect," she said. "The people that have the privilege of purchasing and living with a piece of their furniture, they get to live with a little piece of soul." - Susan Marinello
- Komo News, "Local biz turns downed trees into one-of-a-kind treasures", December 2010
- Puget Sound Business Journal, "How Puget Sound companies thrive by serving local giants." October 2010
- The New York Times, "Finding New Life (and Profit) in Doomed Trees." August 2010
“People who buy furniture here are adventurers,” says Mr. Meyer. “They see the tree and get to be part of the process. They have to have an adventurous spirit, they have to be patient, and they have to trust. There’s an element of risk.”- Seth Meyer
- The Seattle Times, "NYT profiles Meyer Wells, carvers of those lovely Starbucks tables." August 2010
- Seattle Mag "Area: Interbay's Meyer Wells." March 2010
- Apartment Therapy, "Five Custom Dining Tables by Meyer Wells." September 2009